Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Capitol Building?

It was at night on which my picture was captured. My friend did it. Compared with other photos, this one is rather blurred. My 'handsome' face is obscured. Yet, I still feel confortable with it. You know why? I feel proud of being here, in the powerful nation among other nations in this universe. Do not blink your eyes! Behind me is the real picture of Capitol Building standing steadily and in unbreakable. This is where the representatives of all states represent the voices of all Americans. It is like MPR/DPR that we have in Indonesia.
To inform you, the first Friday after my arrival, I had my Friday prayer inside this building. Ya, there is a room for those who will pray. But, to enter, I had to be inspected very carefully, even I had to take off my belt. All what they did was for security, not more than that. Do not worry too much. As long as, you do not look weird and no dangerous things with you, everthing will be OK.

3 comments:

naomisarosa said...

very interesting sir . . . you did your first friday pray at capitol building . . . what about pray time at USA ? i think that will be same with at indonesia right sir ? leave a reply plis . . . :)

SUHARYADI said...

This was wonderful. For daily prayer, I do it in my room,or office. Sometimes i do it two in one because of the time and difficult place to pray. For Friday prayer is in Islamic Community Center (mosque)30 minutes from my place. Firstly, I was very confused of the direction to pray. Several times I prayed in the wrong direction. But now, not anymone.

naomisarosa said...

whoa . . . wrong direction mean kiblat ?? oh , there is a community for moslem ? good . . . hhi :) you have to fit your habit at USA right sir ? what about your house at there ?